Strategic Connection: Tie Motivation Strategy to Business Goals
Strategic Connection indicates to which extent the team knows, understands and can relate to company strategy and goals. The measurement is based on three core factors: Knowledge, attitude and behaviour The score is a calculated average of team members’ individual responses.
In order to root the strategy it is essential that:
- Everyone knows the strategy and knows how goals are related to it
- The strategy makes sense to individuals and team
- Individuals and team are motivated by the strategy and feel responsible for its implementation
The model shows the coupling between individual and/or team energy, needs, talents and purpose and overall Company goals. The coupling is crucial to employee/team motivation as well as the realization of corporate goals.
The team may ask itself:
- How do we ensure that the strategy and goals are communicated sufficiently well?
- How do we ensure that everyone has understood how to contribute?
- How do we ensure that everyone knows his or her role and contribution to strategy?
- Can team agility be increased so we get better at handling change/strategy revisions?
Read more about this subject in the book: The Motivated Brain.
The Motivated Brain was released June 13th 2014 as:
- Kindle-book, and..
Explore More Motivation Science